Disclaimer: The text below is a publicity article that was not written by Cryptonews.com reporters.
Bear market for investors – but there may be a bright future for creators.
The help you need may be in an unexpected place.
If you type “How to make money in Decentraland” into Google, the phrase yields 4,300,000 results in a split second. Unsurprisingly – the vast majority of them repeat the exact same thing. This is because the Internet does not want to help you.
But we do – so we’ve combined everything everyone has said on the subject into a 9-point list below.
But we added something that we couldn’t find in any of the other links. It’s about “Making Passive Income from Ad Spaces”, using a blockchain-based ad exchange protocol like Adshares.
Making money in Decentraland – in the days of VUCA
With $MANA showing a steady decline over the past two weeks and a generally bearish market – many of you may be wondering “Was it worth it?”
This FUD is further fueled by the general sentiment in the cryptocurrency and metaverse markets.
NFT markets are showing the first signs of a rude awakening – especially for Sina Estavi, who paid $2.9 million for the NFT of Jack Dorsey’s very first Tweet, for just $6,800 in a recent sell-off. auction.
Put those two together, and investors who have bought land have a pretty good reason to feel a bit trapped and may wonder where the hell is this going.
But the truth is in the numbers – and the number of users is growing rapidly
Between December 2021 and March 2022, the number of Decentraland unique monthly users grew from approx. 300,000 to 800,000.
Metaverse Fashion Week drew up to 108,000 unique attendees, according to company information. There are events and experiences that attract up to 20,000 users.
So while the stock market may be showing us one picture, the street is showing us a much more comforting one.
So here are 10 ways to make your land work for you – beyond holding $MANA or trading land.
- Rent your space for artists and creators. There are many freelancers who want to offer their skills in a new area. Architects, animators, music producers, builders and programmers – all offer their skills for the new digital world.
- Create your own club, building and meeting space. If you are both an owner, builder AND have some magnetism – you can create your own idea, club – a space for like-minded people. Currently – the majority of these spaces are “NFT galleries” – but yoga clubs, diving fan clubs or medieval art fans are just as feasible.
- Organizing events – from conferences to weddings to parties. You can offer your space for special events – for your friends or your brands. From building the venue to creating invitations and advertising the event both on-chain and offline.
- Create your own casino. If you need a proven (even if cynical) company, just play on human greed. Online casinos and poker games attract hundreds of thousands of players and fetch owners millions of dollars.
- Create your own Play-To-Earn game using the SDK. Here’s another angle. If you are the owner, designer, and programmer, you may consider building and deploying play-and-earn games.
- Create your own art/NFT/sculpture/design gallery. What seems like a simple idea that everyone already had – may be the promise of a better future. Basically – offer anything, literally anything you’re passionate about, add “NFT” and “Gallery” – there you have an idea.
- Create and sell avatars, NFTs, wearables. Must be another idea, which is easier said than done. With services like uniqly.io or Ready Player Me, the proof is that creating and modifying your character online is already a thing. And helping people express who they are with the use of wearable NFTs or unique full avatars – is a market to be had.
- Create and sell content – architecture, art. As you can see above (and hopefully in your life to date) – there are many more owners and investors than there are artists. So as much as anyone can create their world like in Minecraft or Roblox, only a few versions really stand out.
- Earn passive income from advertising space. As promised, WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT IT?!? Since you purchased metaverse land, you can earn money by renting it out to advertisers or ad networks. Join an automated ad blockchain like https://adshares.net can help you transition from owner to builder to media owner.
But the story doesn’t end there – we (should) all know that the value of an advertisement is a function of its popularity – so we’ve added four more tips on how to make your pitch more attractive – and how a protocol like adsshares.net can help you.
Decentralized parcel as advertising placement
As the number of real users grows, advertisers are looking to the metaverse as a new medium and consumer touchpoint, both to create new, immersive brand experiences and simply to add reach to their programmatic campaigns. .
Yes – you heard it right – your package can turn out to be very valuable advertising space.
And you can make money out of it – doing nothing (or not much, really).
Yet, the majority of solutions currently available don’t rely on decentralized systems and require you to spend a lot of time managing your ad space. But what if you could copy and paste a piece of code and be set once and for all?
Just imagine – you can create a simple structure, or even use a predefined smart object in Decentraland Builder – to add a billboard or poster to your package.
Then, with a simple piece of code, you make your image available as a banner.
Just connect your wallet and you’re done! The advertising money from each ad impression will be transferred directly to your wallet!
You can read all the details here.
But there is more – you can increase the advertising value of your package
Decentraland – and Metaverse is general – is by default a collaboration space, where the landowner, landlord, architect and builder – can be four different people. Think about it – it’s like in real life. No man is an island.
Obviously – those with plots in densely populated areas – can expect a higher frequency
- Build me something beautiful. It could be a beautiful mansion or a Mini Cooper 3D model – but make your package worth visiting. Make it visible and do
- A consistent experience brings people back. Metaverse communities are just forming – and they need a space to find each other. By creating a cohesive theme, your build can become the go-to place for a certain audience, be it artists, advertisers, or yoga fans.
- Use the Influencer Magnet. While in traditional media influencers often depend on advertising budgets, in the Metaverse the situation is reversed. It is the influencer who is often the most capable of attracting a significant number of users to his plot. Celebrities draw crowds – IRL and in the metaverse.
- Use advertising to attract more people! Yes – while your package may be an attractive destination – you can also use Decentraland ad networks to help promote your events and experiences.
- Focus on creation rather than micromanagement. Instead of spending your time micro-managing your billboards, you can just automate your advertising and focus on more valuable things like visiting Decentraland’s Discord server and finding people to build with.
If you’re looking for ways to monetize your Decentraland packages, you have plenty of options, with one common denominator: becoming a creator.
A monetization model that is still in its infancy is renting your land as advertising space.
And – as with all other designs – it’s up to you if you want to just scratch the surface – or spend the time to really make your space stand out from the rest.